Tips & How To Posts
My philosophy with blogging is more about the art of subtle tips, like gently explaining why I chose a color scheme I'm wearing in an outfit post over boldly stating how to style an outfit. That said, occasionally I do have blog posts that are entirely dedicated to a specific kind of styling or how to style certain kinds of clothes. I also have posts that give insight on sale shopping, different kinds of accessories, and behind the scenes tips on fashion blogging. Here's a comprehensive list of my blog posts that are all about how to style something, utilizing sales, or insights about blogging! From newest to oldest:
- Most Popular Posts of the 1st Half of 2016! Though it may seem like an ordinary countdown on the surface, I explain what goes through this blogger's head when posts do well. Blogging can be unpredictable, and some posts did better later on and some did great despite that I wasn't proud of them! It's a great read if you're into lifting the veil on blogging, especially if you're a newer blogger!
- Breaking the Glamour: Behind the Outfit Pics I love any chance I can get to do the opposite of humble bragging and make fun of myself. I tell behind the scenes stories on photos that look great but were near disasters!!
- Summer Concert Outfit Brainstorming I look back on the previous year with my best looks at shows and why they worked to help you pick out your outfit for your next concert!
- The Vintage Reproduction World is on Fire!!! I share my insights about what direction the vintage reproduction world is going in and why, plus I showcase some of my most current coveted items!
- Non-Jeans Based Sports Fan Outfits A brainstorm of ideas about what to wear while watching sports when trying to rebel from just jeans and a tee!
- Memorial Day Sales 2014 I share my finds from the year before in hopes of helping you make accurate predictions about what this year's sales (and subsequent years) will bring!
- How To Style a Skater Dress 5 Different Ways 1 dress with 5 different color schemes and accessorizes to help you brainstorm getting the most out of simple dresses!
- "Hey, Can You Take a Quick Outfit Pic?"- Awkward Tales of Fashion Blogging Showcasing how behind the scenes of any outfit picture is a struggle and never as glamorous as it looks!
- A Fashion Blogger's Best Friend: Sunglasses I reveal one of my secrets to when I don't want to wear much make-up but pop in photos! This is a relevant read to both bloggers AND people who read blogs but want to look good with minimal effort in photos with friends!
- How to Pack Efficiently (And Keep Your Style) From traveling a lot I've learned a great deal about how to fill your suitcase with what you need, that ROLLING your clothes is the best, and what you can leave at home!
- Petticoat Junction 2 A follow up to the first Petticoat Junction after spending a season trying them out. I intended to have a third installment, but spoiler alert: I didn't care for petticoats much!
- Instagram Follower Drama: Not Here Why the great purge isn't a big deal and why fake followers are bad.
- End of Summer $5 dresses AND Labor Day Sale Links I discuss why dresses go on the cheap plus links!
- Petticoat Junction 1 Being largely a vintage blogger, I try out a petticoat for the first time and report how I feel about them!
Thanks for reading, following, and subscribing! XO