Sunday Vintage: The "Kate Middleton" Dress from my hometown

Confession: 95% of my true vintage collection consists of a) skirts, b) novelty prints, c) a combination of both.  The other 5% are mainly 1970s dresses that range from fancy art deco, to what I affectionately call "Brady Bunch Couture", or some pieces that more closely resemble the formal dresses the Lisbon sisters from The Virgin Suicides donned.  Lately, I've been trying to branch out slightly.  While walking around my hometown with my mom, we stopped by this store called Love Saves the Day.  It's in part a novelty store but also a vintage clothing store.  I've perused the clothing section a few times over the years but for various reasons had not made a purchase there before.  This time around I obtained three things, thanks to my mom, because she spoils me sometimes ;-)  The lady behind the counter called this the "Kate Middleton" dress because it resembles some of the outfits that she wears, and I totally see it!  But this is from the 60s, and not some current fashion house....which I prefer haha!
So, I totally don't own any Louie Vuitton!  But my mom has been collecting pieces since the 70s.  I took these photos while in PA the first half of June, so I requested that I use one of her vintage pieces to round out the look.  I figured it would be a good choice since this dress has a preppier feel and given the store owner called it the "Kate Middleton Dress" why not stick with classic fashion staples??  Other outfit details are:
Sunglasses- Forever 21
Belt- ModCloth
Shoes- DSW
As many of you may know, I started a second fashion and style related Instagram account (@insta_truevintage).  The purpose was to showcase girls in their real and authentic vintage outfits since nobody had made such an account like that prior to me doing that.  I'm having the WORST time keeping up with it.  Life got unexpectedly crazy the past two months and I'm finding myself looking out into the horizon and seeing no end in sight with how nuts things are.  I'm even having trouble keeping up with my personal IG account, so I guilt spiral even more so with insta_truevintage.  I wish I had thought of this a year ago when I was still recovering from some health troubles and had more time on my hands.  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to continue it or let it go (or do guest admins??), but for now I apologize with being so slow with it.  If you have thoughts on how to handle this, please let me know!!  I'm stuck currently, but I've really appreciated the participation for please now that!  XOXO
Follow this blog:
Instagram: @demurelaurenblair
Twitter: @LaurenBlair23

Comments

  1. Love the print of this dress. Even more fab that its vintage! I can totally see Kate Middleton in a similar style cute dress. She's one of my favorite style icons!

    amandabrezovsky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is super awesome and stylish! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Such a cool print on your dress! I don't own any LV either. Fun to borrow your moms.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Right? I can live vicariously! Lol

      Delete
  3. Wow you look fabulous!! I love your dress and purse! :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely what fun look!I you have a great style no doubt!
    Glamoury Armory Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress! I need to visit a vintage shop to see if I find something like this\
    Xo
    Jeanie
    www.thefashionlotus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Vintage stores always have some kind of fun find! XO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go CUBS!

Cherry, Cherry

I'm baaaack!